Welcome To Sixth Form
Welcome to Shire Oak Academy Sixth Form.
Our aim is to provide a high quality, supportive environment, offering full-time level 3 academic and vocational qualifications that equip students with the skills and attributes for a successful future in higher education, employment, and life. We are a successful provider with an extensive range of full-time A-Level courses and vocational courses.
We put personal development at the heart of what we do. Our aim is for every student to leave with the best academic qualifications they can achieve alongside enhanced life skills, great experiences, and lifelong memories. We offer students a wide range of enrichment activities including-
- Core maths and further maths
- Extended project qualification (EPQ)
- Social action for young adults (including volunteering and fundraising)
- Life skills (to include student friendly cooking, financial guidance and how to be successful in the workplace)
- A comprehensive PSHE programme designed specifically for students aged 16-19
Take a look at our approach to our students’ personal development here.
Reasons to join our sixth form-
- Broad range of academic and vocational qualifications. Including our first T level from September 2023 (worth 3 A levels) in Education and Childcare (Early Years)
- Personalised support from subject staff, form tutor and dedicated sixth form team
- A comprehensive careers education, information, advice and guidance programme threaded through our sixth form experience focused on all post 18 pathways including both apprenticeship and university routes. Fast track your future!
- Dedicated sixth form study areas and facilities. IT access and sixth form café
- A supportive community (to include social events such as our Christmas party!)
Our Sixth Form Football Team played Aldridge School with a convincing victory of 7-1. 2 goals from Danny Hopkins and 1 each from Cian Daniel, Oscar Wyton, Joe Sedgwick, Louis Kimberley and Jake Skelding. Impressive performances were seen all over the pitch but particular mentions to the centre back pairing of Connor Dunphy and Oscar Wyton who were extremely assured at the back and midfielders Archie Barr and Jake Skelding who created numerous chances throughout.
Sixth Form Information
Any student or parent who is unhappy with the handling of application for bursary funding or wish to make an appeal should follow The Mercian Trust’s complaints procedure. It is important to note that appeals for Levels 1 & 2 bursaries on the grounds of income levels alone are unlikely to result in a revised decision. Complaint forms are available from here
We are really proud of our year 13 destinations for our cohort in 2022.
|Destinations Year 13 Summer 2022||%|
|% of students going on to University||67%|
|% of students going to Russell Group Universities||9%|
|% of students going on to Apprenticeship/college||15%|
|% of students taking Gap Year||5%|
|% of students going on to Work||13%|
|% of students unknown/or not placed||0%|